Cannabis is an open access peer-reviewed journal dedicated to the scientific study of marijuana/cannabis from a multidisciplinary perspective. Consistent with the mission of the Research Society on Marijuana (RSMj), the journal publishes empirical research of the determinants, correlates, consequences, contexts, and assessment of marijuana use as well as the treatment of problematic marijuana use, including cannabis use disorder. The journal covers research across the human spectrum (note that we currently do not accept animal model research). The journal seeks to publish the following (but not limited to these topics specifically):
- translational research at the chemical/biological level
- etiological mechanisms of use
- issues related to clinical factors (i.e., diagnosis)
- medical relevance (i.e., treatment effects/implications)
- clinical trials
- social and behavioral aspects of use (both positive and negative)
- sociopolitical, economic, legal, ethical, and regulatory issues.
The Journal is open access and publishes under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY) license. This allows broad global dissemination while also ensuring the author maintains appropriate credit for their work.